Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Monday, January 16, 2023

Dear Reader, Love Marie McGaha


 


Dear Reader…

Thank you for choosing one of my books! It’s always an honor for me to know I’ve written something someone else is taking the time to read. I don’t write with any specific audience in mind except myself. I know what I like to read, so that’s what I try to write, and hope others might like reading it too. I’ve always loved American history, so when I write fiction, I write historical fiction, and I try to be as accurate as possible with plot, setting, dialog and characters. Sometimes, however, I get lost in my research and forget to write my story! But as much as I love my own stories, and love falling in love with my characters, it thrills me to know that other people do to. 

Reading has always been a huge part of my life, and I started reading at a very young age, even before I started school. It was then I also started telling stories, even though I couldn’t write them yet, but as soon as I could write, I began writing my stories down and reading them to my sister and cousins. When I was thirteen, I wrote my first full-length story about a proper lady from Boston who moved to the wild, Wild West to teach school in a small town and falls in love with the local sheriff. I don’t remember the title or any of the specifics, but I wish I still had the story so I could see what my 13-year-old mind considered romance! 

But it was from there that I knew I wanted to write books for people to read and enjoy. So, I have tried to not only write romantic stories but to not make the romance the focus of the story. Of course, the relationship must be the center of the story, but I try to make the plot and secondary characters as important and interesting as our loving couple. I like there to be intrigue, humor, and realistic characters—not every love story has to have a princess falling in love with the wrong man who turns out to be a prince in disguise. I like my characters to be relatable, someone you might even know, your best friend, or someone you work with. I like their jobs to a job you might have, or the car they drive to be one you might drive, or the neighborhood one you might live in. Of course, it’s nice to have some fantasy in the story, something to dream about or wish for, but something that’s attainable for all of us. The girl with the less than perfect figure, or the guy who isn’t rich but is still someone who’s irresistible. Someone that could be you! 

So, again, thank you for reading my books, I really appreciate you taking the time out to enjoy what I enjoyed writing!

 



Chaplain, author, editor and inspirational speaker, Marie McGaha lives in the beautiful Ozarks of southeast Oklahoma. After losing the love of her life, Nathan, Marie returned from the mountains of Idaho to their native home where she lives with a houseful of yapping furbies, pigs, chickens, and a horse named Horse! Shine His Light 4, the final book of the series, is due out spring 2023.

Website: www.mariemcgaha.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Marie_McGaha

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMarieMcGaha/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariemcgaha/





Life is the journey we take on our way to Heaven. It’s not easy, it’s not pretty, and sometimes, it’s downright difficult. However, we have an Advocate unlike any other, Jesus Christ. In Shine His Light, the author uses scriptures and her own life lessons to help others get through the bumpy spots.

Release Date: September 2, 2022

Publisher:  DWB Publishing

Soft Cover:979-8887963426; 137 pages; $6.99

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCS7K29V

 








 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment