Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Dear Reader, Love Erik Lewin

 

 

Dear Reader,

I was grieving the loss of my mom, and the closest book I could find that related to how I felt was Stephen King’s The Shining. There was something wrong with this picture! I didn’t identify with any of the standard “five stages of grief” fare promoted by most experts – so I found myself jotting down my own feelings and observations on the subject; there were certainly many facets to consider.

Grief is first and foremost a human experience. The conviction that no books were particularly helpful gave me the freedom to explore the subject more fully for myself. It helped me touch into some tender areas I had been afraid to feel before, which was ultimately very cathartic. I grew excited to share my findings with others.

We’re all part of a community of mourners, a broken hearts club every human on the planet belongs to. It is a meaningful connection and a common ground. We can help each other face our fears, and writing this book allowed me to be vulnerable, by example.

I’m aware that grief and loss might not be everyone’s favorite topic – not too many people are in a hurry to talk about their lost loved ones – but I figured, somebody’s got to! The idea that I could be of service during such a hard time for a fellow mourner gave me inspiration. Hopefully you accept this offer of service and enjoy the book! It’s an honor to offer it.  

Love,

Erik Lewin

 




Erik Lewin
 is the author of three books – This is How I Spell GriefAnimal Endurance, and Son of Influence – as well as numerous essays published in Ponder Review, GNU Journal, David Magazine, Real Vegas Magazine &Literate Ape. Erik is also a stand-up comedian who performs in clubs and venues around the country. He formerly practiced law as a criminal defense attorney in New York City and Los Angeles. He is at work on a new one-man show loosely based on This is How I Spell Grief.

Erik lives in Las Vegas with his wife and their furry pets.

Visit his website at www.eriklewincomedy.com or connect with him on Facebook and Goodreads.




Erik Lewin
 shares how he turned the profound loss of his mother and father into life-changing growth, with intimacy, warmth and humor. He offers a no-nonsense, commonsense way to create your personal path to acceptance of your loss.

Lewin became an expert in his grief experience twice over, encouraging readers to find their own way, as no two lives or losses are the same. He eschews expert opinions and general analyses of grieving in favor of common sense, letting you know you are not alone in how you’re feeling. He shares how he turned his loss into an impetus to personal change. A former criminal defense lawyer, Lewin is now a full time writer and standup comedian.

This Is How I Spell Grief takes a counter-intuitive approach to self-help; there are no eight simple exercises to get over it. Instead, you gradually learn to address grief on your own terms, to make true and lasting peace with your loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment