Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Dear Reader, Love Margaret Mizushima


Dear Reader…

I’m pleased to announce the upcoming publication of Burning Ridge: A Timber Creek K-9 Mystery. Set in the beautiful Colorado Rockies, this is the fourth episode in a series that features Deputy Mattie Cobb, her German shepherd partner Robo, and veterinarian Cole Walker. Together they solve crimes that affect their peaceful mountain community.

These mysteries are police procedurals with heart. Each episode is a mixture of K-9 cop action, veterinary work, and family relationships, as well as a murder case to investigate and solve.

The original idea for the Timber Creek K-9 mystery series was conceived in a veterinary clinic and born at my kitchen table. My husband of thirty-six years is a veterinarian. After one of his clients told him about the problem of drug smuggling through Colorado’s national forests, my husband shared the information with me over lunch, and the backdrop for the series came to light. The characters sprang from my past experiences while assisting my husband and training search-and-rescue dogs; and since I grew up on a cattle ranch just east of the continental divide, the mountainous, small-town setting also came from my past, not to mention my heart.

Once a mystery writer creates setting and characters, all kinds of murder and mayhem can happen. The mystery in Burning Ridge begins when the charred body of a man is found in a shallow grave near Redstone Ridge, an otherwise beautiful spot in the mountain wilderness. Mattie and Robo are called to investigate. But this is no ordinary crime, and it soon becomes clear that Mattie has a personal connection to the dead man that she never could have imagined.


I invite you to join me, along with Mattie, Robo, and Cole, for this action-packed adventure. And I hope that you enjoy reading Burning Ridge as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Wishing you all the best,

Margaret Mizushima



No comments:

Post a Comment