Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Dear Reader, Love Jennifer Learmont

 

 


Dear Reader…

I wrote a memoir!  It’s heartwrenching, heartbreaking, funny, scary and ultimately uplifting.  It’s a roller-coaster ride. It’s funny and sad, comic and tragic, crazy and mellow, sinful and saintly, insane and enlightening, reckless and endearing.  It’s sexy and silly.  It’s smart and stupid.  It’s chances taken and missed, and opportunities offered and found.  It’s friends made and loves lost.  It’s a car-chase in a ghetto and a horse-ride in a field.  It’s drugs and yoga.   It’s rock & roll and gospel.  And it’s always loving, like a guardian angel.

I went from family tragedy in Australia to 80s and 90s Los Angeles, with crazy twists along the way.  And back again.  I reveled in the hedonistic pursuits of the Hollywood lifestyle of its time, and then stumbled into a career in the niche world of a Dominatrix.

Really, though, I’m a square, proper girl.  My friends at Lady Laura’s Dominion said I was a “Pollyanna” (not my work name;  you’ll just have to read the book to find out.)  I was always faithful to my boyfriend or husband, I was always on time for work, I kept myself really fit at the gym regularly, and I ate a very healthy diet (and still do). 

And I did cocaine.  Lots of cocaine (not any more, though.)

Good thing I had an uncanny survival instinct.

My ex-convict ex-husband contacted me after 20 years from America and told me that he was writing a memoir.  Of course, I was to be in it, so I began helping him with research for a few years, going back and forth to America.  After reading his chapters about me, I knew that I had to tell my story myself.  Perhaps a legacy for my family, as well, telling them what I was actually doing over in the States for 20 years.  My side of this story, so to speak.  So, I started out writing a journal.  As I read snippets to friends and family they said, “oh, this is really good!  You should write a book.” And that's what inspired me.  It was a very cathartic experience and my stories just poured out.

This wasn’t easy to write;  for twenty years since moving back to Australia I’d never told anyone even a hint of what I did in America (being a square has its advantages.)  But I was totally honest and I did not hold back at all.  It's what happened to a fearless, brave, beautiful young girl with a few stars in her eyes.  It’s a decidedly unvarnished and, in some respects, pretty damning account of my life in the dark side of Tinseltown. 

It's not a success story; it's a survival story.  It's Kiss My Boots.

It’s my story.

Love,

Jennifer Learmont.

P.S.:  Today I’m a yoga instructor and a licensed civil wedding celebrant. Yes, I’m still me! - J.L.





Jennifer Learmont was born in a little town called Wagga Wagga in New South Wales, Australia, but grew up in Sydney, Australia.  She attended a variety of schools since her family moved here and there while she was growing up. Jennifer credits her mother, who was an opera singer, a concert pianist and very educated woman for her education.  “She was my teacher,” remarks the author.  Jennifer Learmont  maintains her home in Australia today.





My commitment to eating healthy was only equaled by my desire for cocaine…

Setting out on an adventure to the USA with my best friend, we had no plans, no rules and no limits. It started in the wild 80’s in Hollywood, LA and the spread across the ’90’s, fueled by drugs, sex, rock n roll. We met the people who later became famous actors, musicians, singers. I took some risks, made mistakes and lived through them; I was one of the lucky ones.

For 14 years I worked as a Dominatrix in Hollywood. 

I was a natural and loved the work. My clients included a US General, Top Surgeons, Politicians, High Court Judges and VIPs. There is a grey side to my work, and no one really knows what goes on behind the dungeon doors.

I married a charming, captivating Italian/American criminal and lived a dangerous life, involved in crime, drugs and crazy choices where I almost lost my life. My turning point came the day I walked into the Sanctuary of an Interdenominational Church. I loved it so much I joined the gospel choir and took up yoga. 

Now I was a dominatrix, yoga student singing in a gospel choir. 

Eventually, and exhausted, I returned to Australia permanently to set up my own yoga studio and started to build a new life away from a blurred past. I was a wild and fearless child with a kind compassionate heart and a determination to live my life to the full, regardless of any cost. 

“A spectacular life journey of a woman filled by verve and passion for life and who found her place far from where she thought it was going to be…sensitively written and thoughtful reflection of an explorative youth…wonderful…” Tara, Indiebooks reviewer

Publisher: Shawline Publishing, March 15, 2022 

Formats: Paperback, 170 pages, $7.42; E-Book/Kindle, 240 pages, $5.99; ISBN-978-1922594709 and ISBN-13-978-1922594709. Available for purchase at: https://www.amazon.com/Kiss-My-Boots-Jennifer-Learmont-ebook/dp/B09S9Y7JX7 as well as Walmart, barnesandnoble.com, abebooks.com, Alibris, booktopia.com.au, thriftbooks.com and bookshop.org

Publisher web link: https://www.shawlinepublishing.com.au/search/?query=kiss+my+boots

 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment