Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Dear Reader Love Amy W. Vogel

 


Dear Reader,

If we were having coffee (or tea or sparkling lemonade, my favorite!) I would be full of questions. Wait, no, the first thing I would say to you is THANK YOU. Picking up a book like mine takes courage. Devotionals can often be written to make you feel good about yourself (or bad depending on who is doing the writing). Mine is different, on purpose. I wrote it to walk through the process of healing myself after lots of loss over a very short period. So, for you to trust me and enter that space to seek your own healing and wholeness?

That’s incredible. I am, no lie, eternally grateful.

Ok, then I would start asking questions. I used to work in sales and I love to connect with people, so questions are my preferred way to do that. I think my first question would be – “Why did you decide to read this?”

My next question would be, “What would you like to start healing from?”

And my third question would be, “Why is the idea of an invitation from Jesus appealing?”

I didn’t write this book from any particular doctrinal place. I also didn’t write this book exclusively for those who call themselves Christians or are die-hard Church goers. In fact, in this process of healing, my faith has extended beyond the brand name of “Christian.” I am a huge fan of Jesus. I love the movement He lived and died for. That is the vision I see as what can heal the world. I also have experienced how systems implemented in His name are harmful, at a personal, national, global and historical level.

I’m not here to convince you to get saved or to change your beliefs. I wrote this book as my own act of remembering the person of Jesus is full of magic and mystery and His mission was to bring us closer to God, which brings us closer to our true selves.

My prayer, hope and wish for you as you embark on this journey with Come to Me: A Devotional for Healing from Hurt is that you would catch your own vision for a God who meets you in your pain and desires to bring you through it into a place of joy, beauty and potential. Remember, where you are is only the place you start.

Writing this book was a difficult journey but I am grateful for what the Spirit of God did in me during that time. And now I’m grateful for what is happening in you as you read it. 

May Love bless you, keep you and fill you!

Love, 

Amy




Amy W. Vogel is an accomplished author, speaker, podcaster, and ministry consultant. She loves learning and sharing her knowledge through stories in her inspirational projects and fiction novels.

Amy creates, leads, and speaks to large and small groups and churches to help people understand their inherent worth and goodness by giving them a vision of hope for everyone, everywhere. She is married to David, has three daughters, and lives in Houston, TX.

Website: https://amywvogel.my.conva.site/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/amywvogel

Facebook: www.facebook.com/amywvogel

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/awvogel


From the author of Third Person: 30 Days with the Holy Spirit comes a unique devotional experience. Come to Me stands out with messages from one particular passage, Matthew 11:28-30.

It is an invitation by Jesus to those who are hurting, with a promise to bring hope, soul-level rest, and a new vision of wholeness to those experiencing the wounds of life.

Jesus meets us right where we are, and through this collection of personal reflections, time-tested spiritual practices, and new ways to imagine God working, you can find the healing from the hurt you long for.

Amazon: https://a.co/d/69jzFNZ

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment