Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Dear Reader, Love Faye Rapoport DesPres

Dear Young Reader…

I am so happy that you are reading Frazier: The Very Special Cat! I hope you enjoy my story about a cat who gets rescued from a hard life outdoors. There are many cats like Frazier who live outside, and I wanted to write a book to show that we can help them. It feels really good when you help a cat (or dog) who has no home.


Did you know that Frazier is a real cat? He is! You can find a photo of the real Frazier on the back cover of the book. Just as the book says, I first spotted Frazier in my backyard. I was feeding and caring for some outdoor cats. Many of them used to have homes and families, but they got lost or left behind. I wanted to help them find new, safe homes.

Cats have a hard life when they live outside. They have to search for food, water, and safe places to sleep, and they can get sick or hurt. They don’t have a human family to help them. So, I decided to help the cats I saw in my yard.

When Frazier showed up with an eye infection and an ear that looked hurt, I knew I had to bring him to the cat doctor (a veterinarian). If you haven’t read the book yet, I won’t spoil the rest of the story by telling you what happened. But I can promise you this — Frazier’s story has a very happy ending. Today, he lives with a human mom who loves him a lot, and he enjoys living the good life.

Do you have a cat? Do you like animals? I hope so! Even if you don’t have your own cat (or dog), there are many things you and your parents can do to help stray animals. You can tell your parents if you see a cat or dog outside that doesn’t seem to have a home, and you can work together to help the animal if it needs help. If you have a cat or dog, your parents can make sure your pet stays safe and doesn’t get lost or hurt the way Frazier did.

I hope you enjoy the book and the beautiful pictures by my friend Laurel McKinstry Petersen! You can also read the first two books in the Stray Cat Stories series if you haven’t already: Little White: The Feral Cat Who Found a Home and Tribbs: the Very Special Cat. Each book is a great story about a real cat who got rescued.

I would love to hear from you or to see photos of you reading the books. You can ask your mom or dad to send them to me at the Stray Cat Stories Picture Books Facebook page.

Have fun reading Frazier’s story!

All the best,


Faye Rapoport DesPres

www.fayerapoportdespres.com

Get your copies on Kindle, paperback or hardcover: Find out more on Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment