Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Dear Reader, Love Rosemary and Larry Mild



Aloha, My Dear Reader...

Welcome to our booth at the Holiday Gift and Craft Fair here in Honolulu. So delighted you’ve just chosen Copper and Goldie, 13 Tails of Mystery and Suspense in Hawai‘i, for your first foray into our books. You have such good taste! I suppose you’re wondering what it’s all about.

Just imagine you are on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, walking along the sidewalks of Waikiki. A cab pulls up to the curb, but not just any cab. It’s a classic yellow Checker Cab, and the driver is a smiling, handsome Hawaiian. You get in back and discover there’s a beautiful golden retriever harnessed in the shotgun seat right alongside the man up front.

“What’s her name?” you ask.

“Goldie,” he replies. She turns her head and gives you her best doggie grin.

“Where to?” he asks.

You tell him your destination, and he whisks you down Kalakaua Avenue. You’re curious and ask him how he came to be a cabbie. He tells you his name is Sam Nahoe, and he used to be one of Honolulu’s  Finest, a police homicide detective.

“Used to be?” you question.

“Yeah, I took one in the spine, so now I’m medically retired. Driving a taxi is about all I can do. I walk with Cane and Able, No, not the biblical spellings.” (He points to two canes tied to the dashboard.). “It even ended my marriage. I only get to see my little girl, Peggy, every Sunday.”

“Is that a PI license I see on your dashboard?” you inquire.

“Had to get it after Goldie and I ran into some tough situations a while back.”
       
“Tough situations?” you ask.

“You know, bank robbers, kidnappers, vengeful wives, killers, and the like. Thirteen complete and satisfying mysteries I could tell you, but I won’t spoil them for you just now. And Goldie here helped me to solve them. I trained her to do all sorts of tricks to catch those lowlifes.”

Arriving at your destination, you lean over Goldie to settle with Sam and get a surprise lick on your left cheek. As you stand back and watch the cab disappear into infinity, you can still see the palm trees sway in the salty breeze. Suddenly you realize the only way you’re going to learn more is to read the book about your newfound friends.

So, Dear Reader, mahalo (thank you) for buying our book.  
With love and much aloha,

Rosemary and Larry Mild
Visit us at www.magicile.com. You’ll find all fifteen of our books on Amazon.com in paperback and as e-readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment