Bestsellers

Bestsellers

Monday, November 12, 2018

Dear Reader, Love Ray Sutherland


Dear Reader…

My main hope for you is that you enjoy reading my book Secret Agent Angel as much as I enjoyed writing it. As I was writing, I frequently felt as if the main characters in the book had come alive and
were all my good friends. It is my hope that you will become friends with them, too. My goal for the book was to create believable characters-including Samuel the angel-and to put them into realistic situations which created tension so that you will be interested, concerned, and tense about things and rooting for everything to come out right. That certainly worked for me and I found myself very involved in the life of each of the story’s main people.

An old adage about writers is “Write what you know.” While I don’t know any angels-yet-the majority of the situations the people in the book find themselves in are similar to things I have been involved with at various times in my life. I have spent quite a bit of time in the settings and situations which appear in the book. I have visited hospitals and churches. I worked for a trucking company and loaded and unloaded cargo. The owner of the truck company owned a truck stop so I wound up spending some time in truck stops, too. I was on tanks in the army. One chapter which was not derived at all from my own experience was the porters on the Ho Chi Minh Trail during the war in Vietnam. That chapter took considerable research, but that was enjoyable, too. While I wasn’t in Vietnam, I have spent much time in conversation with American soldiers who worked closely with the Jarai tribesmen there and between those conversations and my study of their history, I gained a great amount of respect for the Jarai and the other mountain tribes in Vietnam.

My other main goal in writing the novel is to leave you feeling good, feeling uplifted. One of the underlying themes is that each life matters and that the spiritual realm is present and involved in our lives. As was said recently, “You have a soul. Take care of it.” That is very good advice and my books tries to tell you that we have help available in caring for your soul.

Sincere best wishes,

Ray Sutherland



front cover final
Name: Ray Sutherland
Book Title: Secret Agent Angel
Find out moreAmazon / B&N / Kobo
An imaginative and intriguing tale, Secret Agent Angel is a story about how sometimes even angels have to act on faith.
About Secret Agent Angel:  Samuel, a secret agent angel on earth, has to improvise when things go badly wrong—and sometimes, Samuel has to prepare people for a purpose unknown even to him.  From the jungles of Vietnam with porters on the Ho Chi Minh trail, to Omaha truck drivers who befriend an abused boy, to wounded veterans who need to learn to let go of the past, to an accountant tempted to steal, Samuel works with fallible people, trying to get them to see their true strength.
But forty years of angelic missions come to a head when a fire at a snowbound truck stop leaves one man’s faith—and his life—hanging in the balance. The only hope for success rests with the spiritual power of the humans Samuel has tried to prepare for the struggle.  But have they gained enough spiritual strength and awareness?  And if not, does God have a Plan B??

An extraordinary story that will stay with readers long after the final page is turned, Secret Agent Angel is irresistible. Tender and touching, thoughtful and thought provoking, heartwarming and filled with heart, Secret Agent Angel is a powerful story about faith, healing, and the redemptive power of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment